Terms & Conditions of Hire
Hire Agreement 2016
1. DEFINITIONS – The ‘Company’ means Southern Events. The ‘Hirer’ means the other person(s) hiring equipment from the Company. The ‘Equipment’ means anything hired out by the company.
2. CONDITIONS – Unless otherwise stated in writing, all orders are accepted subject to the Terms and Conditions of Hire stated below and the Hirer, by authorising or allowing work to proceed you are deemed to have agreed to these terms.
3. QUOTATIONS – The Company reserves the right to revise or withdraw any quotation prior to acceptance however upon acceptance the Company will guarantee no surcharge will be applied to invoiced prices once a deposit has been received.
Acceptance of all quotations is made strictly subject to the equipment being available. Whilst every effort will be made to ensure that the equipment ordered is delivered, the Company reserves the right to substitute the nearest available item should the need arise.
4. CATERING SERVICES – All Catering services will be completed as per quotations. Situations at events may delay service times outside of our control, there will be no claims entertained in respect of this. Any alterations must be notified in writing within 7 days of the event to avoid admin fees. Rubbish created by the hirer will be removed, but our price excludes your personal rubbish clearance.
5. SITE – The hire charges are based on the assumption that the site is reasonably flat, level and firm ground with access for motor transport, Subject to site visit.
6. LOSS OR DAMAGE – The Hirer will be responsible for the equipment once on site and must ensure the marquees are completely closed when not in use and that stakes and covers which become loose are secured as necessary. The safe custody of the equipment will be the Hirers responsibility until collected by the Company. No Crepe Paper/Coloured Paper are to be attached to the PVC or linings inside or outside of the Marquee, Straw and hay bales may only be used outside the marquee. All items hired are the full responsibility of the hirer. In the Event of loss or damage the client agrees to pay 100% of the replacement/loss of earnings/repair costs. Smaller items such as glasses, cutlery and crockery will be charged at full replacement value per item. The Company cannot accept responsibility for the safety of the customer’s own equipment stored or housed in their marquees. Under no circumstances must tape or adhesive to be attached to any part of the marquee nor must the marquee linings be pierced in any way. The client/hirer will be responsible for the total cost of repair/replacement of any damage caused in this way.
7. TERMS OF PAYMENT – Once the hire is confirmed by the client, a deposit of 30% is required to secure the booking. Quotes can be altered up to 7 working days before the event. The balance due must be settled in full prior to the event. Please note that credit card payments are subject to a 2% surcharge.
8. NON PAYMENT – In the event of payment not being received before the day of the event, we reserve the right to terminate the booking.
9. MONIES OUTSTANDING BEYOND OUR NORMAL CREDIT TERMS – Any account outstanding beyond our credit terms of reference will be subject to a surcharge of 8% to cover the cost incurred; such accounts will also be subject to any other costs incurred in obtaining settlement.
10. CHANGES TO ORDERS – Any alterations to the hire items made after the order has been confirmed may be subject to delivery, administration or cancellation charges.
11. CANCELLATION – In the event of the Hirer wishing to cancel any booking, after a deposit has been paid, if the cancellation date is 21 days prior to the delivery date, there will be a charge of 30% of the hire charge. If the cancellation is 7-20 days prior to the delivery date, the charge will be 50% of the hire charge and if the cancellation is less than 7 days prior to the delivery date, the full hire charge will be made. Deposits are non refundable.
12. THIRD PARTY LIABILITY – The Company will not be responsible for, and the hirer will indemnify the company against, all claims for injury to persons, or loss of, or damage to, property, however caused, unless it be proved that such injury or damage resulted from faulty materials, workmanship, or negligence on the part of the company.
13. HEALTH AND SAFETY AND FIRE SAFETY – The hirer shall ensure that all doors and other openings into the marquee(s) are closed and secured at all times during which the marquee(s) are not in use when the hirer is not on site. The company reserves the right, in its absolute discretion, to require the evacuation of a marquee(s) and/or the cancellation of an event to be held in the marquee(s). Where this occurs due to health and safety considerations the company accepts no liability for any loss whatsoever. Any alteration or addition to the Equipment by the hirer or his licensee must have the prior written permission of the company.
14. FORCE MAJEURE – Whilst every effort will be made by the company to complete any orders, the company cannot be held liable for variation or non-completion of orders due to Act of God, Fire, Flood, Storm, Gale, Tempest, War, Pandemic, Terrorism, Strikes, Riots, Lockouts or any other civil disturbances.
By selecting the ACCEPT button at the top of the estimate sent to you, I the client hereby agree to these terms & conditions and agree to pay all monies due on time.